Check out this episode on YouTube
Listen to this episode:
On this episode of the Bitcoin Magazine Podcast, host Christian Keroles sat down with Mike Colyer, CEO of Foundry, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Digital Currency Group that focuses on Bitcoin mining in the US foundry hash rate to North America , both with physical hardware and by building the Foundry USA mining pool.
Colyer is very proud of how much hash rate is flowing into the US and that Foundry’s pool looked into the top 5 BTC mining pools in the world, as well as that Foundry was one of the first mining pools to signal the taproot upgrade of bitcoin.
One of the key ways the foundry can build a competitive mining environment in the United States is by funding other operations to purchase energy contracts and mining equipment. The Foundry knows that nation-states need to develop a strategy for mining bitcoin, and he wants to make sure the hash rate is as evenly distributed as possible around the world.
Further topics covered are:
- Mining in North America
- The cost of mining per kilowatt in the best regions
- The role of mining in geopolitics
- Bitcoin’s hash rate volatility and what it means
- The players in the ASIC game and the nature of the ASIC market
- Foundry funds self-mining or equipment in North America
- How the mining ecosystem will develop over the course of this year