Listen to this episode:
This week, moderator CK sat down with Javier Bastardo from Satoshi en Venezuela on the “Bitcoin Magazine Podcast”. This was a far-reaching, real and heartfelt conversation about the trials the Venezuelan people are facing due to the totalitarian regime currently under control.
Bastardo shared his story of how he discovered Bitcoin and made a living from it since 2017, and how Bitcoin gave him both financial stability and community during his persecution in Venezuela. While Bastardo is hopeless for Venezuela today, personally he is hopeful about Bitcoin. He warned bitcoins in the west not to simply use Venezuela as a bitcoin case study. Venezuelans suffer from an evil and parasitic regime. Bitcoin may help, but there are many barriers to Bitcoin adoption in Venezuela that prevent the majority of people from using it.
Topics covered in this episode included:
- Power outages in Venezuela
- Venezuela is very banked per capita
- Bolívars and paper money are completely broken
- Bans are strict
- The obstacles to the adoption of Bitcoin are enormous
- Venezuelans only want dollars
- Bastardo tries to educate people by spreading Bitcoin information in Spanish